Got friends with a business that are constantly posting adverts?
Getting annoyed with all their updates and requests to like and share?
Fed up with their sales posts, offers and come to my amazing online events?
Then read on.
I’ve got 5 handy tips to help you keep these annoying friends at bay.
- Like and share. Actually like their comments and pages. Especially those with business pages. Do you know that FB doesn’t automatically show posts to those that have already liked it. It shows it to 1-2% of people as they want business to start paying. The more likes and shares they get the more likely FB will let others see it as it’s generating more interest.
- Share +. It’s great when you share a post or biz page but it’s even better if you make a comment and say why you are sharing it. Recommendations work.
Ok, so I’m guessing this was not what you were expecting. Maybe you were wanting tips on how to block them without them knowing or being told of a really great application that can just block the adverts. How cool would that be hey?
You grot bag! (That’s what my mum used to call me when I was up to no good)
- Support and understand your friend who is trying to make money to feed her family. Trying to make a dream come true. Trying to be independent and self-sufficient. Trying to juggle family commitments and a career.
Not all of us can do the 9-5 job. Maybe it got taken away, maybe there isn’t one, maybe it just didn’t fit with family life. Everyone comes to it for different reasons. But a self-employed person isn’t claiming job seekers allowance or other benefits they are trying really hard to make it work.
- Buy their stuff. It means the world to me when people buy or recommend my service. People at my husband’s work bought my book because they wanted to support us. Yet friends of mine, real friends have said they don’t think I should be using Facebook to do business.
- Write a review. New business’s need recommendations and great reviews so others can trust them. Be truthful but take 5 minutes out to give your friend 5 stars, write a book review or send an encouragement.
Way before I became a Work At Home Mum (WAHM) I was a huge supporter of my WAHM friends. I bought their products and shared their posts because they as individuals mean the world to me. I might not care too much for their business but I care about them. I care about their lives and their families. So if I can help people move forward I will. (I think I’d make a good Life Coach, what do you think? 😉 )
NB. If you are the business owner – don’t over do it. It is annoying!
So sorry this post was not what you thought, but shame on you if that’s why you clicked on it!! I love you all the same.
Dare you to like and share some stuff! Double dare you to buy!
Want to know more about what I do check my website out www.nicolahughes.co.uk.
Or maybe you are envious of your self-employed friends and the freedom they have. If so email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as I’d love to help you get the life you want.
If you are a WAHM struggling with the juggle get in touch as I would love to help you.
That’s all for now
Love Nicola x